You can set up email accounts on a Microsoft Exchange Server (many work accounts use this), accounts that use Exchange ActiveSync (including Outlook Web App), and Office 365 accounts.
1. On Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings , and then tap Email + accounts.
2. Tap Add an account > Outlook.
3. Tap the Email address box, and then type your email address.
4. Tap the Password box, and then type your password.
5. Tap Sign in. If the phone finds your account settings, your email, calendar, and contacts will be synced to your phone, and you can skip to step 8. If not, continue to the next step.
6. On the Outlook screen, do the following, and then tap Sign in:
|For this field
Verify that your email address appears correctly.
Tap Show password, and then verify that the password is correct.
Verify that the user name is correct.
For example, if your work email account is on Microsoft Exchange Server and your email address is email@example.com, you would type kevinc for the user name.
|Type the domain name for your account.
The domain is part of the information you might use to log on to your PC. For example, if you log on as domainName\kevinc, typedomainName for the domain name.
If you're using an Outlook Web App account or a hosted Microsoft Exchange account, you typically don't have a domain. Leave theDomain box empty.
7. If the correct settings can't be found, tap Advanced, do the following, and then tap Sign in:
- ·Tap the Server box, and enter the server address. This is the web address that you use to access your email in a web browser using the Outlook Web App. If you don't know the address, use the steps in the next procedure to find it, or contact your system administrator.
- Tap Show all settings, and then verify that the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection setting is correct. If you're not sure, ask your system administrator.
8. If the New password needed message appears after a few moments, tap Set, tap theNew password box and enter a password that meets the security requirements. Tap the Confirm password box and type the same password, and then tap Done.