Connect Admin – MFA FAQs
What is MFA?
- MFA or also known as Multi-factor Authentication is an authentication method that requires the user to provide two or more verification factors to successfully log in.
Why is this being enabled?
- Many of our customers have requested MFA. Additionally, MPOCs on Connect accounts have a wide array of capabilities that could cause severe security concerns in the wrong hands. For these reasons, we feel MFA is necessary.
What does this affect?
- MFA is only being turned on for Calltower Connect. No other services are being affected.
- Every customer will be enabled by 06/22/2023 if they were not enabled before then. At this time, when you log in to Calltower Connect, you will be asked to choose an authentication method (email or application) and then once set up be able to log in.
- When it's enabled, it is enabled for every user, with no exceptions.
- If a user has never logged into Calltower Connect and doesn't plan on logging in anytime soon, there are no changes for this user.
How often will MFA be required?
- When you log in MFA will be active for 14 days.
- If you log out of Connect, MFA will be required again when you log back in (Clicking your name/profile in the top right of Connect and then clicking ‘Logout’).
- Closing the browser or rebooting your computer is not the same as logging out and should not require you to provide MFA again.