To use the automated script, you will need to download and extract the file the matches your version of Office. You can find the Office version by selecting File -> Office Account\Account -> About. At the top of the About page following the name should be a number in parenthesis. The first two numbers determines the version.
- Close Outlook completely by selecting File -> Exit
- Close Skype for Business by changing Status to Exit
- Open Task Manager and ensure Lync, Outlook and Skype for Business back ground processes are ended
- Download the file that matches your installed version of Office
- Extract the file.
- Run the Script. Note: There will be no outward indication the script has run.
- Open Skype for Business
- Open Outlook.
- Close Skype for Business by clicking on the black down arrow next to your status and selecting Exit
- Close out of Outlook by selecting File -> Exit or by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner.
- Open File Explorer by selecting the Icon on the task bar
- Browse to:%userprofile%\appdata\local\Microsoft\Office in the address bar.
- Select the folder that corresponds to your version of Office, either 15.0 or 16.0
- Select the Lync Folder
- Delete the email@example.com folder and the Tracing folder.