Recovering a Skype for Business meeting from Recording Manager
If the recording Manager fails to convert a recorded meeting. The steps below can be used to attempt recording recovery.
- Open File Explorer
- Navigate to %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\Recording Manager\Temporary Recording Files.
- Copy the folders that appear.
- Create a new folder on the Desktop and paste the information
- Start a new Skype for Business Meeting with yourself
- Start recording the meeting. This will create a new folder in the temp location.
- Open Task Manager
- End Skype for Business and Recording Manager
- Delete the contents of the new folder
- Open the Desktop folder and copy the contents
- Paste the contents into the new meeting folder
- Open Recording Manager. The meeting should begin conversion
If the steps above fail to recover the meeting, the meeting will need to be recorded a second time.