Configuring the Bot for a Teams Channel
- In the Microsoft Teams client, go to the Teams channel you want to configure with the Bot. In the Posts tab, type @CT-TextBot and hit Enter. Select the SMS group to associate with the Teams channel and click the Add button
- You can now send and receive messages in the Teams channel using the Bot
Using the Bot to Send a Message
- To send a message using your personal account, go to the Bot conversation under Chat in the Microsoft Teams client. To send a message from your Teams channel, go to the Posts tab for that channel.
- You can send messages using the format @CT-TextBot telephonenumber message where telephonenumber is the recipient telephone number in E.164 format, meaning the plus sign, country code, and full telephone number. For US numbers, that means +1-XXX-XXX-XXXX (without the dashes.) Message is the message you are sending to the recipient.
Using the Bot to Reply to a Message
- To reply to an inbound message using the Bot, simply click on the Reply button and follow the prompts.