MS O365 Admin - Verify An Existing Outlook Profile
PC with access to the internet.
Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013
Verify Configuration of an Existing Outlook Profile
- Log on with the user's credentials to Outlook Web Access (OWA) at https://inbox.calltower.com (Note: If the company has Office 365, the link will be https://login.microsoftonline.com )
- Within OWA, click on Options in the top right corner. Click on About.
- Record the server listed under "Mailbox server name"
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Open the Mail icon.
- Click on the Show Profiles button.
- Select the users Primary profile and click Properties
- If there are multiple profiles select the profile listed under “Always use this profile
- If the account is set to Prompt for a Profile, verify with client which profile they are using
- Select “Email Account”
Select Microsoft Exchange account Change
- Verify the server matched the server from step 4.
- Verify the User Name is correct should be underlined and check name should be Greyed out.
- Select More Settings Security
- Encryption: check Encrypt data between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange
- Log on network security: Negotiate Authentication
- Connection Tab
- Connect using my Local Area Network (LAN)
- Outlook Anywhere: Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP
- Select Exchange Proxy Settings
- Connection Settings User this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange: https://mail.themessagecenter.com
- Check on only connect to proxy servers that have this principle name in their certificate msstd:mail.themessagecenter.com
- Check on slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCCP/IP
- Proxy authentication Settings User the authentication when connecting to my proxy server for Exchange: “Basic Authentication”.