Cisco Connect Admin - Add User
To add a new user in Connect, you must be an MPOC (main point of contact). You can have this enabled by opening a case with support and getting permission from a current MPOC to change your account type from “User” to “MPOC” in Connect. If you don't know your username or password, contact support.
Once your account is an MPOC account, you can get started with creating and deleting users.
Cisco and CT Cloud Voice:
In Connect, navigate the following: Menu/Users
Once you’re on the User’s page, you can see all the Users on the account. Click the "+" button on the right hand side to add a user.
This below box will populate, and you can begin filling it out.
Below is an example of one filled out:
- Domain: A drop-down will appear with all the available domains on the account
- Location: A drop-down will appear with all the locations on the account
- First Name: The user’s first name
- Last Name: The user’s last name
- Email Address: This is automatically populated after entering the first and last name as first initial and last name @ the domain.com. This will be the email used to access Connect, log into an Edge device, and log into Jabber. You may change this email to whatever you’d like as long as the domain matches the one on the account
- Display Name: This will be the display name of the user
- User Type: This will stay as “CallTower User” by default
- User Role: A drop-down will appear with either “User” or “MPOC”.
- Cell Phone: The user’s cell phone. This is usually not filled out unless needed
- Send Welcome Email: Select this if you are creating an MPOC who will need access to CallTower Connect.
- NOTE: if you are a CT Cloud customer, check this box so that the user will be able to manage their phone line.
After the “User Info” section is filled out, you may move on to the “Password” section by clicking on it. The below screenshot will show up:
You can create a password following the guidelines given or you can skip this part to have one automatically generated. As mentioned before, most users will not be logging into Connect (unless an MPOC or credentials are needed for an Edge device or Jabber login), so login credentials are typically not needed.
After this, you may click on "Services" and the below screenshot will show up:
The services may differ depending on what services you may have on your account. This will be going over a standard primary user with a phone number assigned. Select the check box for “CM Voice Service”.
- NOTE: If you are a CT Cloud customer, select CT Cloud and choose a service.
For Cisco Voice: A drop-down box will populate named “Add Cisco DID” and under it will show the number of available DIDs on the account at the location selected. Once you click on the drop-down, select the DID you would like to assign to the user. The DIDs from the drop-down list are all available DIDs.
After selecting a number to assign to the user, you may check the boxes titled “CT Vmailbox”, “User Service”, and “VoiceCube Service”.
For CT Cloud: A drop-down box will populate named "Add CT Cloud DID" and under will show the number of available DIDs on the account at the location selected. After selecting a number to assing to the user, you may check the box titled "User Services."
You may now click the "save" button (blue floppy disk at the bottom). If you are CT Cloud, you can go to "Conclusion" within this article. You will then manage the user in Business Group Admin protal. You can find that article here: CT Cloud Voice Admin - Manage Users
For HCS Accounts, yours would look like the below:
The services may differ depending on what services you may have on your account. This will be going over a standard basic user with a phone number assigned. Select the check box for “Cisco HCS User”.
A drop-down box will populate named “Add Cisco DID” and under it will show the number of available DIDs on the account at the location selected. Once you click on the drop-down, select the DID you would like to assign to the user.
After selecting a number to assign to the user, you may check the boxes titled “Cisco Unity User”, and “User Service”.
You may now click the save button (blue floppy disk at the bottom).
Review the Events on the bottom left of the site to ensure that no errors have occurred.
The user is now created and a DID has been assigned to the user. If done correctly, the user now has a phone number, login credentials to Connect (if needed), and voicemail. To add a phone to a user, you may click on this article: Cisco – How to Add a Phone to a User / Non-User.