This article will walk you through the steps for performing a factory reset on your Cisco 8800 series phone. This will frequently resolve issues where the phone is not registering or is not displaying updated information properly. This process can be done through the applications on the phone or through keypad commands. Both processes are detailed below.
It is important to note that if your 8800 series phone is currently provisioned to connect via VPN a factory reset will erase the VPN credentials and prevent the phone from registering until it can be brought to an office location with a direct connection to CallTower to download the VPN certificate again.
Reset via Software
1. Press the settings button on the phone. This will navigate to the Applications Menu.
2. From the Applications menu select Admin Settings.
(Please note your display may be slightly different depending on which applications have been programmed onto your phone.)
3. Select Option 4 "Reset Settings." to navigate to the Reset Settings menu.
4. From the "Reset Settings" Menu select option 2 "All Settings."
5. You will see a "Reset all Settings" confirmation pop up. Confirm the reset by pressing the "reset" Soft Key on your phone.
At this time the display will turn black as the phone begins the reset process. Note that you may see the phone reset multiple times as the factory reset will require the phone to update multiple systems.
Reset via Keypad
1. Disconnect your phone from its power supply.
2. Press and hold the # key on your keypad and reconnect the phone to its power supply.
3. When you the Headset and Speaker icons light up release the # key and press 123456789*0# on the keypad in sequence.
4. After the numbers are entered you will see the line buttons flash amber and green as the phone completed the reset process.
Note that you may see the phone reset multiple times as the factory reset will require the phone to update multiple systems.
Cisco - Phone: Change Ringtone on 8800 Series Phones
Cisco - Phone: 8800 Series Quick Start Guide
Cisco - Phone: Cisco IP Phone 8861 Enhance Experiences with Personal Mobile Devices
Cisco - Phone: IP Phone 8800 Key Expansion Module Add Scalability and Increase Responsiveness
Cisco - Phone: Troubleshoot 8811 VPN Enabled Phone
Cisco - Phone: 8811 Quick Reference Guide
There are no videos currently available for this process.