MS Teams Connect Admin Portal - One Click Failover
- The goal is to easily forward all phone numbers to any number you need in case Teams goes down. This allows you to still receive inbound calls.
Please note: selecting another Teams number is not advised.
Forward All numbers vs Enable individual DID forwards
- Select Menu - Administration - Corporate Administration - Settings - Select either Operator Connect Trunk Settings or Direct Routing Teams Settings, then go to the Forwarding tab
- Forward all numbers - When this option is selected and the value is inserted to the right all of your Teams numbers will forward to the number that you have specified.
- Enable Individual DID Forwards - When this option is selected and the work below is done any number that has a forwarding option set will be forwarded.
- Why Both? - The reason for the 2 options is if you would like a bulk of your numbers to go to one destination, but say your users to go to their cell phones.
- Remove forwarding - Just un check the boxes and press save and all forwarding will be removed.
Enable individual DID forwards
- Select Menu - Locations
- Select the appropriate location, then make sure you are at the DID section
- Here you'll see all the numbers for that specific location and the users assigned to the numbers.
- Under the number you'll see "Forward to number" and there is where you will enter the number.
- Once that number is in place press the save button on the bottom right.
- Continue to set this up for any number that you would like.