MS Outlook - Create New Profile
This guide will walk through building a new Outlook Profile.
- Close Outlook by clicking the X in the upper right corner, or selecting File > Exit
- Close Skype for Business by changing the Presence to Exit
- Open the Control Panel.
Note: This will vary depending on your operating system
- In the Search Control Panel type "Mail"
- Select the option Mail (Microsoft Outlook 20XX) (XX-bit) A new window titled Mail Setup - Outlook should open
- Select Show Profiles. A new window titled Mail should open
- Click the Add... button
- Choose a name for the new profile and select OK. A New windows should open.
Note: Depending on version of Office, the experience will vary.
- Enter the email address and Password. When complete, select Next
- Once the account has completed successfully, select Finish. This window should close returning you to Mail
- Select the option Always use this profile. In the drop down menu, select the newly created profile and click Apply.
- Select OK and this window will close.
- Open Outlook, A message should appear Configuring Outlook for first time use.
Outlook will contact the email server and populate emails. Depending on the size of your mailbox, this can take several minutes. If you receive an error at any point, contact your email service provider for assistance.