What is the External ID?
The External ID field will allow users to select any number from their available inventory to be the displayed number when making outbound calls.
Example: Calls made from 801-555-1234 with the External ID set as 801-555-4321 will show as 801-555-4321 to the receiving party.
1. Log into the Admin Portal and navigate to the Phones tab.
2. Select the MAC in question, highlight manage phone, and click "Line Properties" in the dropdown.
3. You will now have a split the screen with a new section labeled "Line Button Properties." Select the line in question and Click Update.
4. You will now have a third section labeled "Update Line." Select the requested external ID from the drop-down list (DID must be in a clients inventory to show as External ID.)
5. Click Save in the "Update Line" menu.