This feature is used when a main line (or any line) needs to be answered by multiple users. The main line is added to a phone; when the phone rings, others can hear the line ringing and are able to answer the phone if they are in the appropriate Pickup Group.
- Call comes in on Pickup Line, user hears the line ringing.
- Lift the handset.
- Press the “More” softkey.
- Press the “GPick up” softkey on the phone.
- Dial the Extension of the Pickup Group that is ringing. (This is obtained from CallTower.)
- The oldest call on that line will be connected.
What to Remember about Group Pick-up:
- There are more than one Call Pick Up group
- Users need to be assigned to each group
- Members of the group can pick up calls only from the groups that they belong.
How to Submit a Ticket with TSE for Group Pick-up:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
a. Request for a Group Call Pickup.
b. Users who will part of the group