This article will walk users through the process of using the Admin Portal to update the line templates of a Cisco Phone to add Speed Dials.
Adjust Number of Speed Dials
- Log on to the Admin Portal and navigate to the Phones Tab.
- Select the intended phone.
- Highlight it and then click on the Update button. This will split the screen and display the Update Phone window on the right of the screen.
- In the window on the right find the New Template drop-down list.
- Update the template to reflect the amount of lines, speed dials, and buttons on your phone and click "Save."
NOTE: In this example the 7962 has two lines, reserving the remaining four buttons for speed dials..
- Add your speed dials by highlighting "Manage Phone," and selecting "Speed Dials." This will split the screen and display the "Speed Dials window on the right of the screen.
- Add the required Speed dials by adding the 4 digit DN or 10 digit DID. (Note that you will need to add your Dial Out Prefix before the 10 digit number.)