Conditions necessary for using ‘Ring to Voicemail’ feature
A. No phone assigned to user
B. User’s DN is not configured as a shared line on any other phones.
When you select this option, the translation pattern for the user is changed
Ring to Voicemail is not selected:
\+16055552234 2234: Rings to phone
Ring to Voicemail is selected
\+16055552234 #2234 Rings to voicemail: same as dialing #xxxx to call directly to a user's voicemail
Call Routing and Troubleshooting ‘Ring to Voicemail’.
A. Both conditions are not met and ‘Ring to Voicemail’ is set.
- 10 digit dial to user will go directly to voicemail
- Four digit dial will ring to DN on Device
- Message Waiting Indicator will not light to reflect new messages
A. Both conditions are met.
- All calls to the user’s DID will go directly to voicemail
- You will not be able to 4 digit dial the DN
- Direct dial to users DN: #XXXX.
B. Both Conditions are met, but ‘Ring to Voicemail’ is not set
- Calls to user’s DID will fail
- Calls to users DN will fail
- #XXXX will route to user’s Voicemail.