This article will walk users through the retrieval of their voicemail on their 8900 phones.
Accessing Voicemail from Your Phone Setup:
The first time you access your voicemail, you may notice a long delay while the system caches information. After the system states, “Checking for new messages,” please wait up to 1 minute for the system to respond. If it doesn’t respond in that time, hang up and try again after a while. The delay will be gone the second time you access your voicemail.
You may also access voicemail from your phone. The red Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) light on your phone’s handset will be lit if you have new messages. To access your voicemail from your phone, follow these steps:
1. Press the Messages button
2. Enter your password. (Note the password is “9999” by default. This can be changed by following the instructions in the voicemail IVR or through the CallTower Admin Portal.
Also, if you are not at your desk and you need to access your voicemail, you may press the Messages button and then the star “*” key on any other CallTower phone. The system will then ask you for your mailbox number, which is your 4-digit extension. Then you will be prompted for your password.)
- The voicemail system responds to keypad and voice commands; the latter being the most preferred and convenient. If you leave a pause in giving the system a command, it will verbally list the commands for you to choose from. See the next page for a quick reference table of voice and key commands.
Accessing Voicemail from Other Phones Steps:
You may continue to access your voicemail from any phone not on the CallTower system.
1. From your home or cell phone, dial the back door number that was provided to you from CallTower.
2. When prompted for your mailbox number, enter your 4-digit extension.
3. Once you enter your mailbox number, use the same steps to access your voicemail as you do from your desk phone. You will be prompted for your password and then you can perform the same voicemail actions you use from your CallTower phone.