Organizations often require additional call control features and fast searching capabilities within their Cisco Attendant Console. The ability to control calls, utilize several transfer methods and join or record calls has become increasingly critical to stay ahead. BOC provides an efficient and familiar interface solution to fit these needs by leveraging the Cisco platforms to deliver enterprise-level call control capabilities at an affordable price.
Article type: Reference
- Cisco BOC - Cloud Overview Video
- Cisco BOC - Main Screen LayoutThis article will show you all the features of the BOC.
- Cisco BOC - Answering A CallInstruction on how to answer a call in the BOC.
- Cisco BOC - Hold And Resume A CallLearn how to place a call on hold and how to resume the call in your BOC.
- Cisco BOC - Searching For A ContactThis article will provide you with instruction on how to search for a contact in the BOC.
- Cisco BOC - Transfer A CallThis article will show you how to transfer a call to a contact in BOC.
- Cisco BOC - PhonebooksBridge Operator Console provides 3 phone books for numbers that aren't part of the phone system.
- Cisco BOC - Creating GroupsBy creating groups in the BOC, you are able to find a contact quicker.
- Cisco BOC - Account Creation
- Cisco BOC - Call ParkLearn how to Call Park in BOC.
- Cisco BOC - Client Install And ConfigurationThis article will walk you thought the requirements to install and configure your Bridge Operator Console.
- Cisco BOC - Disconnecting A CallThis article will show you how to end a BOC call.
- Cisco BOC - Excluding ObjectsExcluding a user, location object, park position, or directory group from view is easy in Bridge Lync (Skype for Business) Operator Console.
- Cisco BOC - Supported Browsers And Versions