What is Call Pickup?
This feature comes in handy if there are users who can hear other people's lines ringing and want the ability to answer those lines without having to add those extensions to their own phones.
Two types of Call Pickup are currently Supported.
1. Call pickup—Allows users to pick up incoming calls within their own group using the softkey, PickUp.
2. Group call pickup—Allows users to pick up incoming calls in another group. User must dial the appropriate call pickup group number when activating this feature from a Cisco IP Phone. Use the softkey, GPickUp.
- A call comes into a user's extension, and another user hears the line ringing.
- That user can lift their handset.
- They can then press the More soft key.
- Then they can press the Pickup soft key.
- The oldest call ringing in on any of the lines that share the Pickup feature will be connected.
Things to remember about Call Pickup:
- There is only one group of users tied to a Call Pickup.
- You will need to assign the users who need to be part of this group.
- Anytime a member of the group is receiving a phone call, another member of the group can select the soft key Call Pickup to receive the incoming call.
How to submit a ticket with Tech Support for Call Pickup
- Send an email to the support team with the following information:
- Request for a Call Pickup.
- DN (extension number) that will be part of the group.
Once the ticket is received and reviewed a support representative will reach out to you to assist in providing a resolution.