Cisco Jabber - Quick Reference Guide
Jabber Quick Reference Guide
- Search or Call Bar
- Recent Calls
- Custom Groups
- Phone Controls
When you receive an incoming call, you can reply with a chat message, answer the call, or decline the call.
Making a call:
To call people, you can:
• Enter their phone number in the search or call bar
• Right-click over the name in your contact list
• Select the Call icon in the chat window with the user
Call controls let you do the following:
• Go full screen
• Show self-view
• Open a keypad to enter digits
• Mute your audio
• Adjust volume
• Access the following additional controls:
– Hold calls
– Transfer calls
– Merge calls
– Create conference calls
• End calls
This will be linked to your calendar but you can also create your presence by double-clicking on the box.
You can access your options and preferences for Jabber to customize how our client behaves:
• From the client, select Menu>File>Options
• Select any tab in the Options menu to make your choices
Search or Call Bar:
• Add people to your contact list by searching for them in your organization. Once they are part of your contact list, you can easily double-click on their names to start a phone call or chat.
- In the client window, start typing the person’s name to search the directory, or enter the user name directly if you know it.
- Hover over the name to add it to a group (You can also create a new group to add the contact to), you can start a chat or a call.
• In a chat you can:
- Send a screen capture
- Send a file
- Insert an emoticon
- Edit the font size and color
- Add participants to create a group chat
Start a Group Chat:
Easily start a group chat with two or more of your contacts:
• On a group, right-click and select Chat
Use my computer for calls:
• You can tell Jabber to send calls to your computer or phone:
- From your client window, open the phone controls drop-down menu
- Select your preference
To avoid missing calls when you are not at your desk, you can forward calls to another phone number.
• From your client window, open the phone controls drop-down menu
• Select Forward Calls to and specify the phone number.