Account Management Roles
Assigned and unassigned accounts:
- All accounts that are Silver and above need to be assigned to a specific Account Manager.
- Accounts that are below Silver will not be assigned, but will be worked by Account Managers that are assigned to that level.
- Bronze accounts do not have a specific AM assigned but may take priority over those below Bronze.
Salesforce cases are the repository of actions being taken on an account. Salesforce is the primary location for customer information and tracking. Cases are associated to customer accounts and are utilized for various functions to track information. Customer requests and action items should be tracked in SF cases, not in email or other tools. Cases should remain open until all items are completed on a request. Emails and customer communication should be documented in SF cases.
If you received an email directly via email for a new issue/request, please generate a ticket for tracking. A case can be easily generated by forwarding the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The case is automatically generated and assigned to the Account Management Queue.
Cases need to be triaged out of the Account Management Queue every day. This will be handled by the Account Managers that are assigned to work the below Silver Level.
- Below Silver cases will be assigned out to the appropriate Account Manager with the lesser case quantity unless prior customer communication or the specific issue has other special routing identified.
- Above silver cases will be assigned to the designated Account Manager on the account
Cases need to be marked as either "Standard" or "Expedited" as their priority level, unless working a case record type that has a Priority 1/2/3/4 as the option.
Standard: General Questions, CSR Request, Disconnecting services out of contract, New Product Discussion, Company Address or Name Change
Expedited: Equipment Quote, Red/Red/-At-Risk, Disconnecting services in contract, Disconnecting services less than 30 days notice, New Services Quote
Working Issues: All customer requests should be worked in cases, not emails. You can email out of a case or attach emails to cases.
The Account Manager who owns the case is responsible to maintain the communication SLAs. Account Management cases going to other departments (excluding Provisioning and Support) should be tracked in by the account manager using the Support Representative field. A customer queue view can be set up to track all cases around the company or use the report found on the Account Management Dashboard called Open Cases.
The following are the current case status options and their definitions:
- New - Case has been created. When a technician receives the case after it has been triaged, the status should be changed out of new to the next appropriate status.
- In Progress - Case is currently being worked and will be required to receive a communication update in accordance with the standard SLA.
- On Hold - This status is utilized when a case will fall outside the standard communication SLA.
- An alternate communication update has been set with the customer that will extend beyond the typical SLA.
- Customer may need additional time to make a decision on information provided.
- Waiting for Details - Information has been provided to a customer and additional details are required from them to proceed on the case. This status should be changed when the
- Closed - Customer request/issue has been resolved/completed.
- Closed No Response - If a customer fails to respond to your requests for needed information to continue working a case or to confirm closure, it may be closed no response. A diligent effort must be made to contact the customer to ensure we are doing all we can to resolve the issue before closing no response. At a minimum, three unanswered attempts must be made across two business days, utilizing at least two methods of communication, before closing no response.
Standard Priority: First contact within 1 business days. Follow up communication should be at least every 2 business days unless other expectations have been set.
Expedited Priority: First contact should be within 4 business hours. Follow up communication should be every day unless other expectations have been set.