How to configure 3CX Server for Digest Authentication with Cardinal Platform.
The purpose of this document is to demonstrate how to configure a 3CX Server to register with
the Cardinal platform using the SRV record sip.appiaservices.com as the SIP server.
- Once logged into the 3CX server, select “VoIP Providers” from the menu on left-hand side:
- Highlight the desired provider and select edit (or add if configuring a new trunk)
- One the “General” tab, configure the options as shown below
- On the “Advanced” tab, configure the options as show below
***Please ensure that the “Require registration for:” field is set to Outgoing Calls or outbound calls will not process***
- On the DID tab, enter the corresponding DID and then click the "add" button
- On the Source DID tab, check the checkbox for “Source identification by DID” and the click the “Add DID” button
- On the box that opens, check the “select all” box and the click “OK”
- To save your changes, click “Apply” and the “OK” at the bottom right-hand corner of the window
- To ensure that the trunk has registered properly, choose the “Ports/Trunk Status” menu option on the menu on left-hand side of the page. The trunk you just configured should show “Registered”, as follows:
- Once you have ensured that the new trunk has registered, proceed with placing both inbound and outbound test calls.