Please note this is NOT the CT Cloud Fax product. This is a legacy Calltower efax service.
Logging in to the InterFAX Admin Website:
Navigate to https://admin.interfax.net
Log in using your assigned username and password
A one-time password will need to be provided as well using the Authenticator. Reach out to our Cisco support team for this if needed.
Searching for a User:
On the panel on the left hand side, click “Search accounts / users”
- Enter the customer's information – Company name/Interfax username/allowed sender Email address/receiving Email (for an inbound user).
- Click on “Get users”.
- Only one of these fields is necessary to find a user. If searching for something doesn't bring up any results, try searching for something else e.g. - if customer doesn't know his username or if the allowed sender Email he provides is incorrect, try searching for company name.
- Please note that sometimes searching for a user may bring up multiple results, for example searching by username “sunnyhotels” may bring up a “sunnyhotels” user, and also “sunnyhotelsinfrance” Make sure you confirm other details with the customer to ensure you have the right account.
Searching for an Account:
- On the panel on the left hand side, click “Search accounts / users”
- Enter the customer's account ID (this will be numbers only)
- Click on “Get accounts”
After searching for a user, it will show relevant information to the user:
Username: The username used to log in for this profile.
Account ID: The account this user is associated with. Clicking on this will show the account screen.
Open date: The date this user profile was created
Company name: The company name associated with this profile.
IF Number: The customer's InterFAX number if using the inbound service
IPV Node ID: The IPV node of the customer's InterFAX Number if using the inbound service
Has TX: This field denotes if the customer uses the outbound service (yes/no)
Gapps user: Denotes if the user is using the Google Apps integration tool for InterFAX
Checking a User's Fax Queue:
- Find the user using the search method listed
- On the right hand side, click the arrow pointing down
- Click on “Show inbound queue” / “Show outbound queue”
Checking Outbound Fax Information:
When viewing a user's outbound queue it will show certain information:
Submit time: the time the user submitted the fax
End time: the time the fax completed sending
Dest Fax: The destination fax number
Subject: The subject line of the fax
Reply Email: The Email address feedback/replies will be sent to
Pgs: Amount of pages in the submission after conversion into fax
Status: the status the submission is in/error code if the fax failed
Clicking on “Details” for a fax in a user's outbound queue:
- This will show more in depth information such as Transaction ID, the rendering machine used, page settings the user has (fine/black&white/greyscale etc.), retries to do (the amount of times the fax will attempt to re-send if there's a connection failure), attempts made already, retries interval (in minutes)
- Clicking on “Get original message” if applicable will download the fax the user has sent.
- Clicking on “Transaction attempts” will show a list of call attempts listing any failures (with error codes), channel group used, duration of call, start/completion time, etc.
- Clicking on “View” in a user's outbound queue will download the fax the user has sent.
Note: this is only available if the user is not a PCI user and does not have “delete image after completion” set in his preferences.
Checking a User's Inbound Fax Information:
Similar to the outbound view except for the following:
- Fax status: denotes whether the fax was received into the user's inbound queue successfully or not
- Clicking “Emails” will show the forwarding email addresses of the inbound user, and if the emails were sent successfully to the email addresses or not, along with the completion time. This section will also show the inbound transaction ID and message ID of the fax.
- Clicking “View” will download the fax, if the user is not PCI.
Query Out Log:
This is a way to quickly view outbound faxes. Here you can search and filter by Username, fax subject, transaction ID, timeframe and many other options. Clicking “Search” after entering these details will show the outbound queue as explained above. This feature can also be used to search for faxes currently in sending/ready/preprocessing etc.
Note: If the user or faxes you're searching for are PCI, the “run on switch queue” at the bottom must be checked.
This will list faxes for inbound users, starting from the most recent. Details are the same as viewing a user's inbound queue as above.
This is the page used when creating a new account.
- Contact name: The contact name of the account/user you're creating
- Company: Enter the company name
- Account Email: The main contact Email for the account
- Account type: Select Credit account only
- Currency: The currency of the country the account is based in
- Country: The country the account is based in
- Time Zone: The time zone the user is based in
- Username: Create a username to assign for the primary account holder, for example, the
- company name
- Password: Assign a temporary password for the user, ensure that they change it once they
- log in
- CSID: The ID that any recipient will see when the user sends a fax, again, something similar
- to the company name/sender will be optimal
- Interfax receive: If the primary user will have the inbound service
- Use secure service: if the Inbound service of the account is to be set as PCI compliant
- Area: Area code/Toll free number to assign
- IF Number: Select from a list of available numbers from that prefix
- Use account Email for receive/use this Email address: Decides which Email to use for thei nbound service/feedback Emails
- Ignore Mail Verification: Leave unchecked
- Ignore CC Verification: Leave unchecked
Adding New Users to an Existing Account:
New Users can be added to accounts which have already been created. To create a new user for an account:
- Search for the account as discussed earlier in this document
- Click the “Users” link to bring up the complete list of users belonging to this account
- Choose the “Add User” link from below the list of current Users
- The “Open User” form will appear
- Assign a username and a password. The username must be globally unique; no other user with the same username is allowed, even associated with a different account. If the username is already taken, the account will not be created, and an error message will be displayed.
- Enable Inbound Service, if desired. Inbound service can be turned on by checking the box labeled "Interfax Receive". If the account desires PCI-compliant faxing, also check the box labeled "User Secure Service". For ordinary faxing, leave this box unchecked. Select a country, area code prefix, and then a specific inbound fax number from those available in the list. Finally, use the radio buttons to forward email either to the primary account email or to a different address you enter at this time. A forwarding email must be set.
- Enable Outbound Service, if desired. Outbound service can be turned on by checking the box labeled "Interfax Send". Use the radio buttons to the right to choose for the account contact email address to be chosen as the authorized fax sender for this user ID, or to define a different email address as the authorized sender. The new account must have an authorized sender designated, and that sender must be unique. The authorized sender can be removed later, if desired.
- Uncheck the box labeled "Send Welcome".
- Click the "Add User" button.
- Note: If you experience an error when creating a new user the previously selected inbound number will be released and a default toll free number will be selected. Remember to select the desired inbound number again after you have corrected any issues resulting in the previous error.
- The IF Admin site will return you to the user list, where the new user will be listed