This guide provides a guide to troubleshoot a 3rd Party SIP Device built in Connect
Note: Many third party devices are not supported by Calltower. Most troubleshooting for these devices boils down to: verify it is configured correctly on our end; send correct server info to customer; and basic verification of physical layer issues (power, connected to working port, etc).
- Navigate to the Phones menu and confirm the MAC built in Connect is set to a 3rd Party SIP Device.
- Open the Cluster associated with the account you are working with.
- Navigate to Device >> Phone, next search & select the MAC associated with the 3rd Party SIP Device
- Record the information for the Digest User
- Provide the Cluster IP, the Digest User & PW (PW: 12345 by default) to the customer & confirm that this is also entered within the device settings.
Here are some interesting things about...