This article is to be used after Office 365 Unified Messaging has been setup. If you have not setup Unified Messaging please see this link first.
1. Login with Office 365 Admin Credentials using this link https://outlook.office365.com/ecp/
2. On the left-hand side click on unified messaging
3. Edit the existing dial plan
4. Click the blue configure button
5. Click on dialing configuration and make sure that both boxes as shown below are checked
6. Edit the dial plan default policy under UM Mailbox Policies as shown below
7. Click on dialing configuration and make sure that both boxes as shown below are checked
8. In the Exchange Admin Center, select recipients
9. Click the mailbox that needs the operator extension
10. On the right-hand side click on view details under Phone and Voice Features
11. Enter the operator extension in this format 18015551212 as shown below
Once these steps are completed, the end user can change their voicemail greeting to let the caller know they can leave a message or press 0 for the operator. If the end user doesn't have a personal voicemail greeting setup then the system will let the caller know they can press 0 for the operator. In either situation the caller can interrupt the greeting by pressing 0.