Enable Unified Messaging for a user.
Enable Unified Messaging
- Log in the Office365 Exchange Admin Center
- Select recipients on the left side of the page
- Select or search for the user mailbox for whom you would like to enable unified messaging
- On the right side of the page under "Phone and Voice Features" you will see "Unified Messaging": Select the option to "Enable"
- A pop up window will appear from Office365 to walk you through the rest of the process.
- You will need to select a mailbox policy. If there are no mailbox policies available, please make sure the steps found in this article have been followed.
- Finally, you'll be asked to provide the "SIP address" (their Skype for Business username), their "Extension number" (their full, 11-digit phone number), and select their "PIN settings". Once this information has been filled in, click "Finish" at the bottom.
- Once these steps have been completed, it may take up to 30 minutes for the feature to be fully enabled on the user account.