If a company is using Unified Messaging from Office 365 Exchange, auto attendants will need to be managed by the Exchange admin.
Creating an auto attendant
- Log in to Office 365 as an administrator
- On the Left Navigation, expand Admin Centers and select Exchange
- From the Exchange admin centers left navigation, select Unified Messaging
- Select the active dial plan and click the pencil icon. If there is no dial plan created see Setup Office365 Exchange Online Unified Messaging for Hosted Skype for Business
- In the new window, click the plus icon under the section UM Auto Attendants
- Name the auto attendant and select the check box "Create this Auto Attendant as enabled"
- Enter the Access number in the E.164 format. (+1XXXXXXXXXX)
- Click Save
- Select the newly created auto attendant and click the pencil to edit
- On the Left menu navigation select Greetings
- Add the desired welcome greeting and after hours greetings if applicable. Audio files must be Windows Media Audio Voice 9 - 8 kbps/8 kHz/Mono, and .wav files encoded with the Linear PCM (16 bit/sample), 8 kilohertz (kHz) audio codec.
- Select Business Hours. The boxes in blue are open business hours.
- Select the check box "Enable business hours navigation". Notice that there is a separate section for non business hours.
14. Click the + icon to add a new menu navigation point. Once completed select Ok. You will need to repeat this step for each menu option.
Note: Only one of the options above may be selected. If any audio file is configured, it will play after the corresponding key is pressed
- Select "address book and operator access" from the left navigation menu. The address book will always be key press # . Operator is always key press 0
- Select "dialing authorization" from the left navigation.
Note: If any numbers added to menu navigation ro operator access are not managed in Office 365, you will need to select "Allow calls to any extension" This is true for any on Hosted numbers.
- Click Save. Once the auto attendant has been saved, it can take up to 24 hours for the auto attendant to completely sync with servers and become active.