Please use the best practices listed below when sharing PPTX files in Adobe Connect. Please note that these are not required for sharing PPT files.
PPTX files can be uploaded either directly to an Share Pod in an Adobe Connect Meeting or they can be uploaded to the Adobe Connect Content library.
When sharing directly from the computer in an Adobe Connect Meeting Room, please keep in mind the following points:
1) Please use the Adobe Connect Add-in to run the meeting. Adobe Connect 8.2.1 and above prompts you to install the Adobe Connect Add-in when you share the PPTX file if you do not already have it installed.
2) The uploading computer should have Microsoft PowerPoint installed.
3) The uploading computer should not have any Microsoft PowerPoint modal dialog box open
4) Alternatively if you have Adobe Presenter you can to publish locally (My Computer) as a Zip Package and then share the Zip Package
When uploading content to the Adobe Connect Content library for sharing in a Connect Meeting Room:
1) Save the PPTX as a PPT and then upload the PPT file.
2) Use Adobe Presenter to publish locally (My Computer) as a Zip Package and upload the zip file to the content library or publish directly from Adobe Presenter to the Adobe Connect content library.
The below table compares the behavior under different cases.
First example shows ...
Second example shows ...
Give some considerations such as system requirements or "gotchas" for this setting or control or programming syntax.