Changing Your Password
- Press the Messages button on your phone. (Depending on the phone model it will be an envelope or cassette icon)
- Enter your default password of “9999” when prompted.
- After the system retrieves new messages and then states, “Now what,” either say “Change Password” or enter 31 on the keypad.
- Follow the prompts. Your new password may be between 2 and 6 digits.
Changing your Greeting
Callers will hear your greeting before leaving you a voicemail.
- Once logged into voicemail (by pressing the Messages button and entering your password), either say “Change Greeting” or enter 32 on the keypad.
- The system will play your current greeting and then ask if you want to change it. Say “Yes” or press 1. (Or say “No” or press 2 if you don’t want to change it.)
- At the prompt, record your greeting and press # when finished.
- The system will play back your greeting and then ask if you want to save it. Again, say “Yes” or “No,” or press 1 or 2 respectively.
Changing your Name Tag
The voicemail system uses nametags to identify its users. When you record your nametag, your name will be pronounced in your own voice instead of as the automatic CallTower system would pronounce it.
- Once logged into voicemail (by pressing the Messages button and entering your password), either say “Change Nametag” or enter 33 on the keypad.
- Follow the prompts, and remember to press # when finished recording your nametag. (Again note that when prompted for Yes/No responses, you may either say “Yes” or “No” or press 1 or 2 respectively.)
Accessing your Voicemail Accessing your voicemail from your phone
NOTE: The first time you access your voicemail, you may notice a long delay while the system caches information. After the system states, “Checking for new messages,” please wait up to 1 minute for the system to respond. If it doesn’t respond in that time, hang up and try again after a while. The delay will be gone the second time you access your voicemail.
You may also access voicemail from your phone. The red Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) light on your phone’s handset will be lit if you have new messages. To access your voicemail from your phone, follow these steps:
- Press the Messages button
- Enter your password. (Note the password is “9999” by default before you change it as instructed in the Basic Voicemail Setup section of this document. Also, if you are not at your desk and you need to access your voicemail, you may press the the Messages button and then the star “*” key on any other CallTower phone. The system will then ask you for your mailbox number, which is your 4 digit extension. Then you will be prompted for your password.
- Worth knowing: The voicemail system responds to keypad and voice commands; the latter being the most preferred and convenient. If you leave a pause in giving the system a command, it will verbally list the commands for you to choose from.
Accessing your voicemail from home, your cell, or other non-CallTower phone
You may continue to access your voicemail from any phone not on the CallTower system.
- From your home or cell phone, dial the back door number that was provided to you from CallTower.
- When prompted for your mailbox number, enter your 4-digit extension.
- Once you enter your mailbox number, use the same steps as accessing voicemail from your desk phone. You will be prompted for your password and then can perform the same voicemail actions as from your CallTower phone.